Friday, February 5, 2010

Nail Buffing.?

I normally get manicures professionally, and I usually ask my nail technician to buff my nails unless I'm getting ready for something special. Then I have her paint them. I like the versatility and the clean look of buffed nails. The problem is that when I buff them myself sometimes, I can never get that same glassy sheen. My nails are shiny and smooth, but it's like comparing a VS2 diamond to a flawless. What am I doing wrong?Nail Buffing.?
I don't know what exactly you ARE doing, but here are a few tips: get a four way buffer, of good quality, and work your way down from the coarsest to the finest. This is sort of like using sandpaper on wood, first you get rid of obvious ridges, then little bumps, then tiny blemishes, and finally refine the whole surface to perfect smoothness. Follow the instructions on the packet and don't be too overzealous with the coarser ones or you could make your nails thin. As for technique, rub hardish, rub evenly and spend some time over it. At the end of each stage finish by smoothing in an upwards direction. Make sure your nails are clear of any lotion or residues that could mess with the buffing process. And next time you get a manicure, keep a close eye on what she's doing, and ask for any extra tips!Nail Buffing.?
there are a variety of grades of buffers.. i reccomend getting a buffing block.. then you do the toughest side first down to the smoothest side. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment