Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Does nail buffing thin short nails?

I've read many times that buffing your nails thins them out. It makes sense. People warn against buffing more than twice a month to avoid breakage or other damage.





I can see where this limit would make sense for people with long nails, as the tips would be prone to breakage, especially with lots of buffing. But my nails are very short (just covering the nailbed) -- do I still have to worry about thinning or other damage? I'd like to buff twice a week or so to keep them shiny, but don't want to do permanent damage to my nails.





Thanks for your help!Does nail buffing thin short nails?
If you are using a 3 or 4 step buffer you can buff twice a week as long as you are only using the last stage buffer. Do not use any of the other sides that actually create a dust (that dust is your nail) better still why not just get a decent quality clear gloss for after you have buffed...you can replace that instead of having to buff.Does nail buffing thin short nails?
I use the Talika Nail shaper and my nails look great. I have not noticed any thinning.

No comments:

Post a Comment